Our campsite was at the top of a cliff that looked down into a valley about 2000 feet down. Now that seems really far. So let me agree with you, Yes, it was extremely far down.
My friends and I decided that by the end of the trip we were going to get the bottom of the canyon to the river, and we succeeded, but that is not where our story begins.
We arrived at our camp grounds around 5 o'clock the first night. Setting up the tent and fire was kind of a hassle, but we got it done. The tent could fit about 20 fully grown men, which we realized was a terrible idea because none of our body heat stayed in the tent making it unbearably cold and quite nippily. We went to bed quite early due to the long drive and exhaustion of setting up our campsite.
Though the temperature dropped to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit I managed to get some sleep. Until morning came.. We were greeted with about 3 turkeys gobbling away and freaking out near our tent, and let me tell you, that was probably the most annoying thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life, especially since I was cold, irritated and it being 5 in the morning.
The next day we decided that we would go shooting and kill some squirrel and dove, even though we were completely unsuccessful, mainly because we did not find anything, we still had fun popping rounds into targets and blowing craters into the ground using ammonium nitrate and aluminum.
The second to last day we hiked down the steep cliff to the bottom of the canyon, and here is pictures to prove how beautiful it was down there.
Absolutely Breath Taking. And I would Do that trip all over again if I get the chance.

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Helpful use of pictures and video to support your points.
ReplyDelete