This was revolting. Even though I said in the previous post about Food Inc. that I did not care about the way things were produced and looked at in the food world, this video really opened up my eyes to how disgusting and how careless the employers and producers of the beef industry are. They are so much more concerned about them saving a buck than they are for the health of others and really caring about human lives.
Eccoli and salmonella that are ground into the beef are causes of death in the United States. There have been huge product recalls with beef that have been contaminated with these deceases but still there is no answer to why and how they are going to reduce these outbreaks and come up with a plan to over come all of these horrible accidents with young kids dying.
This video has brought up the memory of the food inc. video and the mother that lost her son due to this exact issue. These things "pink slime" should not be allowed in stores and should actually be illegal. I understand that the business is a business and they are trying to make a quick buck, but a dollar in comparison to a human life is drastic. I know that if i was responsible for the death of an infant or a young kid, or anyone for a matter of fact would cause me to feel responsible and sick to my stomach. I would take action for a change and with this I feel like nothing is being said and it's astonishing and aggravating that this is happening with out any repercussions.
We need to make a stand for our health and the well being of others and demand healthy food and ask for a healthier choice for us to eat. We should be the boss instead of the businesses forcing us to eat what they produce no matter what, even if it is terrible and bad for our bodies.
Hey dude! Sorry about the crash! Well know more mushy stuff get it! Pink slime its super disgusting and its crazy that these meat packaging plants and things of that nature don't tell you what goes into your ground beef! I would pay the few extra bucks to have ground beef with no pink slim filler in it at all. That is pretty gross when you think about the whole process of pink slime.
ReplyDeleteAs of 12/2, you have completed all of the necessary posts for Blog Assessment #3.
ReplyDelete